Do you want to experience things you’ve always dreamed of, but never thought you could? The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award offers you a framework to do the most amazing things, on your own, with your mates or with members of other surf life saving clubs.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme is a non-competitive programme for people 14 – 25. It is FUN and encourages participants to GET INVOLVED with different activities and brings young adults together to work as a team.
You choose your activities for each of the four sections and do them in your spare time. The four sections are Skills, Physical Recreation, Community service and Expedition.
The Duke of Edinburgh Program comprises five (5) components: Skills/Interest, Service, Physical Recreation, Adventurous Journey and a Residential Project (Gold Level Only). The program consists of three stages or awards:
- Bronze – minimum age 13 yrs 9mths
- Silver – minimum age 15 yrs
- Gold – minimum age 16 yrs to max. 25 yrs
- Why do the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award through Surf Lifesaving?
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is not a competition between participants but focuses on individual performance and encouraging the development of personal interests and personal development.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award has a direct relationship with Surf Life Saving, as the components of the award can be completed within the Surf Life Saving environment. For example, awards achieved through Surf Life Saving, such as the Surf Rescue Certificate, Bronze Medallion can also contribute towards the achievement of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award as can the volunteer hours you put in patrolling the beach.
- Personal achievement
- Discover your sense of adventure
- Meet other awardees from other surf lifesaving clubs
- Unleash your talents and broaden your abilities
- Improve your physical fitness
- Connect with your community
Need to find out more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org